I use this short unit for promotion purposes. If you've got a code for a free download, feel free to get started!
If you're paying, I'd recommend you get this in a pack of two units (“Discuss! - Intermediate” and “Discuss! - Upper-intermediate” at http://www.xinxii.com/en/discuss-intermediate-upper-intermediate-p-356729.html) for only €1.99.
ABOUT THIS UNIT
Students learn to use typical discussion phrases and express their opinion on various topics.
- Level: intermediate (B1)
- Time: approx. 2 hours
Students put discussion phrases into categories. They use phrases of agreement and disagreement to respond to controversial statements. In skeleton dialogues (short structured conversations) they argue for their opinions.
For free speaking practice, they play a board game in which they argue for or against further controversial statements.
THE 'ENGLISH FOR CHRISTIANS' SERIES
'English for Christians' prepares language learners to interact successfully in a Christian English-speaking environment. This series of supplementary materials can be used alongside any course book. It covers a range of Christian topics, skills and language levels and is suitable for Christians of all denominations.
All materials are photocopiable and ready for classroom use. They include:
- the students' edition (handouts in original A4 page size)
- interleaved teacher's notes (scaled-down student pages and teaching instructions side by side on a landscape-orientation A4 page)
The materials are aimed at students who:
- work or plan to work abroad as a missionary or in a Christian environment
- study theology in English or study English while attending a theology college
- attend international church services, Bible studies, Christian conferences, work camps or holidays
- prefer Christian to secular teaching content
Whereas most Christian EFL* materials seek to convert learners to the Christian faith, this series is designed for students who are already Christians, and does not follow an evangelistic approach.
* EFL (English as a Foreign Language) = ESL (English as a Second Language) = ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) = ELT (English Language Teaching) = TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) = TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) = TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
These terms tend to be used interchangeably.
Discuss! - Intermediate
(English for Christians)
Publication date: 01/11/2014
Get a better deal: buy two units for € 1.99! (Or use your free download code...)
El vendedor asume toda la responsabilidad de esta entrada.