THE MINDSET OF A GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONA look into the 'top two inches' of the fastest drivers on planet earth
“A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it’s life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
- Steve McQueen in the film ‘Le Mans’ (1971)
'The car is an extension of your mind, when you’re really hooked up”
- The words of Martin Brundle, former F1 driver and Grand Prix commentator
For dearest dad and 'my pal', another 'champion' - see the dream never died... it's just taken another course!
'Sometimes you have to give up the life you had planned... in order to live the life you were really meant to live.'
THE GRAND PRIX DRIVER
Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was kind of driving by instinct, only I was in a different dimension. I was way over the limit; but still I was able to find even more. It frightened me, because I realised I was well beyond my conscious understanding.”
- Ayrton Senna
It was one day in the year 1961, whilst driving home after the South African Grand Prix in East London, that the young boy told his father that Jim Clark would one day be the champion driver of the world. The young boy was in a bad mood, because the young Clark had beaten his hero, Stirling Moss. And for the next few years the young South African boy followed the rising Scot star ’s ascending career with great interest and pride. So that the new “shooting star” eventually usurped the place of the now retired old hero, Moss after his near fatal accident at Goodwood, UK…until it too was tragically extinguished in a minor race at Hockenheim, Germany in 1968. And that night the young boy lay on his bed and read the race program over again and again… then he fell asleep and dreamt in peace. One day…
P.S: To dearest dad, see the dream never died! It's just taken another course!
'Sometimes you have to give up the life you planned, in order to live the life you were meant to live'
reaches out and shines, touching with magic the drama of life across all its limitless horizons.”
“Our talents are our gifts from God… but what we do with our talents are our gifts TO God.”
“Only when you’ve been in the deepest valley can a person know what it’s like to stand on the highest peak.”
- inspiring words from Richard Nixon, former United States President“Hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.”
– Langston Hughes
* Inside The Mind of a Moto Grand Prix Rider, Valentino Rossi (from ‘Endless Possibilities, New Horizons’)
* Sharing Some Quotes from the 'late, great' Ayrton Senna
* The Grand Prix Driver
* Jim Clark: The Most Naturally Gifted Formula One Driver of All Time?
• OVERDRIVE: Formula One In The Zone – A BOOK “REVIEW
• A 'Book Review': 'The Death of Ayrton Senna' (by Richard Williams)
• The Mind of a Great Racing Driver: An Interview with Ayrton Senna... perhaps the Fastest and Greatest Grand Prix Racer of Them All!
• Formula One: Sharing Some Quotes by the Great Grand Prix Drivers
This “work” is a “true labour of love”
““It is a celebration of a man’s unique vision –a vision that reaches out and shines, touching with magic the drama of life across all its limitless horizons.”
“Together, one mind, one life at a time, let’s see how many people we can impact, encourage, empower, uplift and perhaps even inspire to reach their fullest potentials…and so become ‘ever more champions of life’.”
“I want to write the way Gilles Villeneuve drove and power-slid his blood-red Formula One Ferrari… with wild enthusiasm and a sense of abandonment, combined with the artists craft of a Stirling Moss, a Jim Clark, and especially that of the great Ayrton Senna, living on the razor-blade edge of life.”
INSIDE THE MIND OF A FORMULA ONE DRIVER
A look into THE MINDSET OF A GRAND PRIX CHAMPION
Publication date: 17/08/2011
“'The car is an extension of your mind, when you’re really hooked up”
El vendedor asume toda la responsabilidad de esta entrada.