What does the Bible say about an immortal soul and/or spirit?
Together soul and spirit are used almost 1,100 times in the King James Version, but not one time is immortal ever used in the same verse with either one. Immortal and immortality not in the Old Testament the promise of immortality is given to no one. In the New Testament, immortal one time, immortality five times, all by Paul. What does he say?
1. 'Now unto the King eternal, immortal' [1 Timothy 1:17].
2. Only God has immortality [1 Timothy 6:16].
3. Christ 'abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel' [2 Timothy 1:10].
4. 'To them (Christians) that...seek for glory and honor and immortality' [Romans 2:7].
5. 'This mortal must put on immortality' [1 Corinthians 15:53] at the resurrection.
6. 'This mortal shall have put on immortality' [1 Corinthians 15:54] after the resurrection.
Why are we to 'seek for immortality' if we are born immortal? Why will we 'put on immortality' if the only part of us that will ever be immortal has been immortal from birth (or before birth)?
The fact that a person must 'seek for...immortality' and immortality must be 'put on' at the resurrection is conclusive proof that a person does not now have it. If Romans 2:7 and 1 Corinthians 15:53 teaches nothing more, it teaches that no part of a person now possess immortality.
Not one passage in the Bible says anyone is now immortal; if no one is now immortal, no one can now have a soul that is immortal.
A Resurrection to Immortality
The Resurrection, Our Only Hope Of Life After Death
Publication date: 30/07/2011
Immortality or Resurrection, Soul or Spirit, Life or Death
El vendedor asume toda la responsabilidad de esta entrada.